Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement


EC2- Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-I/OV), where SR-I/OV is process or technique of device virtualization by which higher I/O and lower CPU utilization when compared to the traditional one.



Enhanced networking provides higher bandwidth, higher packets per seconds and consistently lower inter-instances latencies.
  • Its network interface (host interface).
  • Virtualization whereby, a guest machine (EC2 instance) has direct access to a virtual network interface without hypervisor being in the middle (emulating avNIC
  • Basically, virtualizing the network adaptor on a physical host.
  • SR-I/OV Not supported on all instance types.
  • SR-I/OV is supported on R4,X1,P2,C3/4,R3

For supported instances types, SR-I/OV provides:

  • Higher packet per seconds (PPS) performance for data transfers.
  • Lower latency.
  • Very low network Jitter.
  • There are no additional charges for enhanced networking.

This is just and introduction about Enhanced networking in our upcoming articles will discuss it in further detail which would include step by step setup also.


If this articles was informative please do Like, Share and Comment…….

Keep Learning….. Keep Sharing.... Keep Growing…..


With regards,
Sayed 

Post a Comment